Getting It Done: More Community Projects For Melton
The Andrews Labor Government will deliver $8.1 million in grants for community infrastructure projects across Melton through its Growing Suburbs Fund (GFS).
Minister for Local Government Marlene Kairouz announced the next round of the Labor Government’s $150 million GSF allocations at the completion of Stage 3 works for the Pride of Melton Project.
The eight new projects for Melton will complement the Pride of Melton project and ensure the area has the infrastructure a growing and changing community needs.
Stage 3 works of Pride of Melton saw the wider CBD area revitalised to accommodate the growing demand on Melton’s civic and business sectors through streetscape upgrades and the creation of a consolidated public car park to McKenzie Street’s western side.
The Labor Government allocated $3.5 million towards stage 2 and 3 of Pride of Melton through the 2015-16 GSF.
The latest 2017-19 GSF funded projects in Melton include:
- $2 million toward the $9 million MacPherson Park Redevelopment
- $2 million toward the $4 million Melton Central Community Centre Redevelopment
- $1.6 million toward the $6.6 million Fraser Rise Community Hub
- $1 million toward the $6.7 million Aintree Community Hub
- $600,000 for the Hannah Watts Park Upgrade
- $300,000 for the Allenby Road Reserve Upgrade
- $300,000 for the Arnolds Creek Playspace
- $300,000 for the Bill Cahill Reserve
The $150 million GSF targets high priority projects that improve the amenity, liveability and resilience of communities in Victoria’s 10 interface councils on Melbourne’s fringe.
Quotes attributable to Minister for Local Government Marlene Kairouz
“Pride of Melton is redefining Melton’s streetscapes and it’s exciting to bring this project one step closer to completion.”
“Melton is one of Melbourne’s fastest growing suburbs so we’re getting on with delivering the infrastructure it needs.”